There are so many reasons as to why the walls of our kitchens should be taken good care of. Kitchen walls are exposed to so many elements. Some of these include moisture, cooking odors, and spatters that leave the walls with stains. These having been considered, bacteria and molds may infest your kitchen walls unnoticed, which can bring about the need to remodel. Needless to say, the budget for remodeling may be high, at least in most cases. Fortunately, wallpapers provide an inexpensive option to refresh and beautify your kitchen wall. Below are some few tips on how to hang wallpaper in a kitchen.
Tip 1: Know the Type That Suits Your Kitchen Theme
There are many types of wallpapers on the market, most of which provide an array of options to choose from. Some of these include lining paper, traditional wallpaper, vinyl wallpaper, embossed wallpaper, liquid wallpaper, and textile wallpaper. Each one of these is available in a wide variety of prints, colors, and textures. Most people prefer vinyl wallpapers in their kitchens. This is because you can easily wipe or scrub them depending on the stain. With the more lightweight wallpapers, they can easily tear and will also scratch easily. The coated ones are ok to be wiped but it is often not advisable to scrub them.
• Lining Paper
Tip 2: Choose Good Quality
After establishing that the wallpaper you need is readily available, the quality is also another highly important consideration. In terms of quality, wallpapers can be categorized into two main options. These are 1) plain wallpapers and 2) textured wallpapers. Textured wallpapers usually undergo various stages of heat treatment to make them resistant to the elements. in other words, heat treatment makes them particularly suitable for the kitchen. This aspect shields the wallpaper from the various condensation processes in the kitchen. The vinyl also creates a water-resistant effect on the textured type of wallpapers.
Tip 3: Get the Important Tools
Hanging wallpaper is usually not as complex as most people may think. However, you will obviously need some equipment for the task. Below are some very important tools that you will need:
• Trimming knife
• A pair of scissors
• A clean bucket for the paste
• A 4-inch brush (100mm)
• Smoothing brushes (or a large foam sponge foam)
In case you buy already pasted wallpaper, you will require a water trough for dipping the paper before hanging.
Tip 4 – Hanging Wallpaper in a Kitchen: The Procedure
– Ensure that your walls are clean. Ensure that the walls are free of oily stains and remove any paint that appears to be peeling. All the uneven edges should be sandpapered off and all the cracks and holes filled.
– The best place to start is at is always at the corner of the room. If it is possible, right opposite the entrance to the kitchen.
– Avoid using the corners as your guide. Instead, draw a vertical line using a spirit level to be sure. This is because not all the corners are perfectly vertical, which can be misleading.
– By following the guidelines from the manufacturer, paint the past to the wallpaper giving it some time to soak but not until the paste dries.
– Holding the part of the paper close to the ceiling. Position it to the vertical line you drew and press firmly so it sticks to the wall. Use the smoothing brush or the sponge to remove any bubbles or creases.
– Use the trimming knife especially on the edge of the cornice to cut off the excess and ensure uniformity.
If you are not as handy, hiring a professional will be your best option. Kitchens undoubtedly form an integral part of our homes. Thus, ensuring that they are not only clean but also well kept brings a form of comfort and easiness. Below are some recommendable kitchen wallpaper options you may want to check out when you approach the market.
How to Hang Wallpaper in a Kitchen – Recommendations
1: SiCoHome Stick Wallpaper – 11 Yard Rust Brick Peel
• Buy From: Amazon
• Price: $15.99
• Link: https://is.gd/Z4DGTF
2: Tropez Floral Dark Blue standard wallpaper
• Buy From: Wallpaper Direct
• Price: $47.00 per dbl roll
• Link: https://is.gd/XW1jGm